Talk about double vision! At certain angles in the right time of day, cities that sit on bodies of water can appear as mirages, with their skylines mirrored in the water below. These spellbinding photographs, originally seen on scene360, show off this stunning mirrored effect that happens when a panoramic cityscape sits on a body of water. Taken by various photographers, each image shows a different city skyline at different times of day, capturing its unique character in its natural setting and inverse.
Photos, left to right:
1. Groningen, Netherlands by Rayon Hoepel
2. Amsterdam, Netherlands by Anna Gett
3. Philadelphia, PA by Bill Dickinson
4. Seattle, WA by John G. Cramer
5. Singapore by WK Cheoh
6. Milwaukee, WI by Jacob Rostermundt